Friday, December 14, 2007

Free (or practically free) lace!


Going along with my last post on free (or practically free) buttons, I'd like to suggest visiting thrift stores with lace and other trimmings in mind. Lace--especially "real looking" lace-- is often extremely expensive. Lace off of thrift store garments can be an affordable alternative.

The picture shows my latest free lace find--over two yards of wide, double-edged vintage lace from the neckline of an orange polyester evening gown that someone chopped off at the knees. (When I told some of my friends about the dress, describing it as an "awful orange"--meaning a color that would never flatter me--an orange-lover well-I-never'ed, so I have omitted any excess adjectives, positive or negative!)

Here is another Thrift Store Directory to help you find stores in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment